Cacciaguida

Defending the 12th century since the 14th; blogging since the 21st.

Catholicism, Conservatism, the Middle Ages, Opera, and Historical and Literary Objets d'Art blogged by a suburban dad who teaches law and writes stuff.


"Very fun." -- J. Bottum, Editor, FIRST THINGS

"Too modest" -- Elinor Dashwood

"Perhaps the wisest man on the Web" -- Henry Dieterich

"Hat tip: me (but really Cacciaguida)" -- Diana Feygin, Editor, THE YALE FREE PRESS

"You are my sire. You give me confidence to speak. You raise my heart so high that I am no more I." -- Dante

"Fabulous!"-- Warlock D.J. Prod of Didsbury

Who was Cacciaguida? See Dante's PARADISO, Cantos XV, XVI, & XVII.


E-mail me


Thursday, March 25, 2004
 
Do teenagers blog too much? Some public schools evidently think so, and they're doing something about it -- in their typically ham-handed, incompetent way. A youthful friend writes on her blog (private, so no link -- sorry!):

NOON:
Sitting here in the library doing absolutely nothing. I wanted to blog because I have some time, but the school filters won't let me into blogger, so I just decided to type it up, save it in my email and post it when I get home.


Well, Mr. School, that sure worked, didn'it? I remember Eve saying once that the Internet treats censorship as damage and steers around it. Apparently so. Note the perfect insouciance: not "I got around the filters" or "I shafted the system" -- just "so I just decided to type it up...." Mr. School, not only did you fail to stop the blogueuse -- you failed even to impress her!