Cacciaguida

Defending the 12th century since the 14th; blogging since the 21st.

Catholicism, Conservatism, the Middle Ages, Opera, and Historical and Literary Objets d'Art blogged by a suburban dad who teaches law and writes stuff.


"Very fun." -- J. Bottum, Editor, FIRST THINGS

"Too modest" -- Elinor Dashwood

"Perhaps the wisest man on the Web" -- Henry Dieterich

"Hat tip: me (but really Cacciaguida)" -- Diana Feygin, Editor, THE YALE FREE PRESS

"You are my sire. You give me confidence to speak. You raise my heart so high that I am no more I." -- Dante

"Fabulous!"-- Warlock D.J. Prod of Didsbury

Who was Cacciaguida? See Dante's PARADISO, Cantos XV, XVI, & XVII.


E-mail me


Tuesday, May 04, 2004
 
Political roundup

John Fund on Democrats' "buyer's remorse": One of his sources says, "No one's saying that Mr. Kerry's cooked. But McGovern parallels give him a toasted look he didn't get skiing in Sun Valley."

Also, on today's WSJ op-ed page (not online yet except by subscription), John O'Neill, veteran of Coastal Division 11, 1969-70, holder of multiple decorations earned in the 'Nam, says: "I was on Mr. Kerry's boat in Vietnam. He doesn't deserve to be commander in chief."

Meanwhile, Conservative leader Michael Howard is lookin' good to be Brits' next PM.