Cacciaguida

Defending the 12th century since the 14th; blogging since the 21st.

Catholicism, Conservatism, the Middle Ages, Opera, and Historical and Literary Objets d'Art blogged by a suburban dad who teaches law and writes stuff.


"Very fun." -- J. Bottum, Editor, FIRST THINGS

"Too modest" -- Elinor Dashwood

"Perhaps the wisest man on the Web" -- Henry Dieterich

"Hat tip: me (but really Cacciaguida)" -- Diana Feygin, Editor, THE YALE FREE PRESS

"You are my sire. You give me confidence to speak. You raise my heart so high that I am no more I." -- Dante

"Fabulous!"-- Warlock D.J. Prod of Didsbury

Who was Cacciaguida? See Dante's PARADISO, Cantos XV, XVI, & XVII.


E-mail me


Thursday, June 01, 2006
 
CONVERSATION CHEZ CACCIAGUIDA: right after watching Lost, Episode 5 ("White Rabbit")

ELINOR: I'm tired of the Koreans -- both of them, for different reasons.

CACCIAGUIDA: I'm tired of the rednecks.

ELINOR: The rednecks?

CACCIAGUIDA: "Sawyer" and Boone.

ELINOR: Boone's not a redneck. He's a Malibu brat.

CACCIAGUIDA: Oh, so he's a California redneck.

ELINOR: No, no. There's a difference. Rednecks actually know some useful things.

JONATHAN LEE: Very useful to have around the house.

CACCIAGUIDA: A solid household appliance, you mean?

ELINOR: Absolutely. ___ doesn't know what she'd do without her rednecks. She just whistles, and a guy with torn jeans, missing teeth, long hair, and a Cat Diesel cap shows up, and she says there are racoons in the attic, and he says, "Right, ma'am, we'll take care o'that...."

CACCIAGUIDA: Whereas a surfer-dude just sleeps on your couch. Like Kato Kaelin.

ELINOR: That's right.

CACCIAGUIDA: I see.