Cacciaguida

Defending the 12th century since the 14th; blogging since the 21st.

Catholicism, Conservatism, the Middle Ages, Opera, and Historical and Literary Objets d'Art blogged by a suburban dad who teaches law and writes stuff.


"Very fun." -- J. Bottum, Editor, FIRST THINGS

"Too modest" -- Elinor Dashwood

"Perhaps the wisest man on the Web" -- Henry Dieterich

"Hat tip: me (but really Cacciaguida)" -- Diana Feygin, Editor, THE YALE FREE PRESS

"You are my sire. You give me confidence to speak. You raise my heart so high that I am no more I." -- Dante

"Fabulous!"-- Warlock D.J. Prod of Didsbury

Who was Cacciaguida? See Dante's PARADISO, Cantos XV, XVI, & XVII.


E-mail me


Saturday, October 21, 2006
 
The Book of Ball, 2006:10-19
Cardinal LaRussa said, "Lord, now lettest Thou Thy servant depart in peace, for mine eyes have seen the ninth inning: two runs to lighten the gentiles.

But Willie the son of Randolph sent two men and said to them: "Go and view the land from the bases." So they entered first and second bases and lodged there.

And The Lord said to the Cardinal, "Behold, my servant Paul LoDuca walketh in the ways of righteousness. By first base I shall give him rest. In green fields shall he await Beltran." And the Lord saw that it was very good.

But behold, Beltran striketh to three. Four shall he not strike to, for, behold, the Cardinals dance with timbrel and harp while yet the plate umpire doth point.

And so the Cardinals were delivered from the Mets and over to the Tigers in that day.