Cacciaguida

Defending the 12th century since the 14th; blogging since the 21st.

Catholicism, Conservatism, the Middle Ages, Opera, and Historical and Literary Objets d'Art blogged by a suburban dad who teaches law and writes stuff.


"Very fun." -- J. Bottum, Editor, FIRST THINGS

"Too modest" -- Elinor Dashwood

"Perhaps the wisest man on the Web" -- Henry Dieterich

"Hat tip: me (but really Cacciaguida)" -- Diana Feygin, Editor, THE YALE FREE PRESS

"You are my sire. You give me confidence to speak. You raise my heart so high that I am no more I." -- Dante

"Fabulous!"-- Warlock D.J. Prod of Didsbury

Who was Cacciaguida? See Dante's PARADISO, Cantos XV, XVI, & XVII.


E-mail me


Monday, February 26, 2007
 
ESCAPE FROM CHICAGO! Your blogger eventually makes it home despite snow, freezing rain, slush, wind, and a big O'Hare-y airport.

According to this, far fewer flights were cancelled today than Sunday. I should add, in compliment to United Airlines, that it cancelled no flights out of O'Hare today except for two -- and both of those were to Montreal so they don't matter. True, my late a.m. flight boarded at 2:15 p.m., and achieved wheels up at about 3, but at least it took off, about 27 hours after I was supposed to have left Chicago. (I spent most of those hours back at the downtown hotel I had just vacated, so don't weep too hard.)

For you Chicago travelers: Airport Express is OK for the O'Hare-to-downtown trip, but for the return trip, I found them to be unreliable.

The things I do for the Federalist Society.