Cacciaguida

Defending the 12th century since the 14th; blogging since the 21st.

Catholicism, Conservatism, the Middle Ages, Opera, and Historical and Literary Objets d'Art blogged by a suburban dad who teaches law and writes stuff.


"Very fun." -- J. Bottum, Editor, FIRST THINGS

"Too modest" -- Elinor Dashwood

"Perhaps the wisest man on the Web" -- Henry Dieterich

"Hat tip: me (but really Cacciaguida)" -- Diana Feygin, Editor, THE YALE FREE PRESS

"You are my sire. You give me confidence to speak. You raise my heart so high that I am no more I." -- Dante

"Fabulous!"-- Warlock D.J. Prod of Didsbury

Who was Cacciaguida? See Dante's PARADISO, Cantos XV, XVI, & XVII.


E-mail me


Thursday, October 04, 2007
 
Passive-secessive

Here is the AP story on the new secessionist alliance of the extremes, referenced in the comments underneath the previous post. And here's who's happy about it. Like I said: the looney left and the paleocons. Actually, survey this list of contributors to LewRockwell.com and see if you can even tell the difference.

The loss of Vermont, admittedly, would be a major sweetener for any deal. Just think of a Senate without Leahy or Sanders! I'd certainly trade Mississippi for that! But no one's telling us how many southern states we'd lose, or which ones -- or why we should indulge this particular set of losers in the first place.

*SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* Listen up, Billy-Bob! And you too, A. Whitney Brainfree IV! We kicked a$$ in Fallujah and Ramadi and (pahdun me, ma'am) Chattanooga. We could take Burlington on our lunch break, seeing as you guys up there don't even know which end of the f'in' gun the f'in' bullet comes out of. Now go home and...